The Ecoegg Laundry Egg is a laundry system that cleans clothes using two types of natural mineral pellets contained in a recyclable egg. It replaces detergents and fabric softeners, giving your household an eco-friendly boost. No harmful chemicals, just natural minerals.
Origin: Made in the United Kingdom
Dimensions: 18 x 12 x 9 cm
Fragrance: Fresh Linen
Nice to know
- Replaces detergent and fabric softener
- No harmful chemicals, only natural minerals
- Dermatest rated as excellent for sensitive skin
- Helps to reduce single-use plastics
- Budget friendly
- Caution: this Laundry Egg should not be used above 60 degrees Celsius
The white mineral granules consist of biodegradable surfactants, stabilisers, builders and binders that do most of the cleaning. The dark grey mineral granules are tourmaline, which helps soften laundry. The egg-shaped casing is made of plastic.
How does it work?
- First, we recommend cleaning your machine with an Ecoegg Detox Tablet to remove any residue from previously used detergents or conditioners.
- Next, open the Laundry Egg and fill the larger half of the egg with the two types of mineral granules. Close your egg so that it ‘clicks’ into place and place it in your washing machine on top of your laundry.
- The mineral granules work together in the water to effectively lift dirt from your clothing fibres and soften your clothes by changing the pH, leaving your laundry clean and fresh without the need for harmful chemical detergents. The mineral granules in the Ecoegg Laundry Egg are perfect for people with sensitive skin, are non-organic and contain no petrochemicals, enzymes, bleaches, phosphates, parabens, SLS/SLES, palm oil or microplastics.
- You will need to replace your mineral granules after approximately 2 months of use (this time frame depends on whether you have the first 70 washes of Eggs or 50 washes of refills, how often you wash and the machine wash cycle you choose).