As a vegan, do you sometimes dream of a piece of creamy cheesecake? At ETIKL, we tested out several recipes and finally crowned one of them the winner. With this quick recipe to make vegan cheesecake, your dream will come true.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Baking time: 50 minutes
Recipe for a cake with a diameter of 21 centimetres
Ingredients for this vegan cheesecake:
- 225 grams vegan speculoos (biscuits)
- 120 grams fine sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 80 grams vegetable butter
- 500 grams unsweetened soy yoghurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Melt the vegetable butter over a low heat. Make sure it does not discolour.
- Finely chop the speculoos with a mortar or pestle and mix with the melted butter.
- Cover the baking tin with baking paper and form a thin layer on the bottom of the baking tin with the speculoos butter mixture. Press well.
- Take a mixing bowl and spoon the soy yoghurt, lemon juice, flour and sugar into it. Stir well.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin, on top of the speculoos butter mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius (if the oven does not rotate, turn the baking tin after 25 minutes).
- Finish off with fresh red fruit.
Tip: If the vegan cheesecake turns too dark brown during baking, cover the cake with a layer of baking paper for the last ten minutes in the oven.