These loofah exfoliating and cleansing facial pads are perfect for your regular face and body scrubs. Suitable for all skin types, even the most sensitive.
- Contains 3 loofah facial pads in a small cardboard sleeve.
- Cultivated and handcrafted in Spain
- Diameters per disc: 7 cm
- Material: Loofah
What is ‘loofah’?
The loofah plant belongs to the same family as zucchini, courgette, squash, pumpkin, gourd, cucumber and melon. Ibérica de esponjas vegetales is the largest loofah grower in Europe and they have been pioneers in plant-based sponge cultivation, processing and development. Their products are grown and manufactured in the Galician-North Portuguese European region. Their research and development center is located in the thermal spa town of Caldas de Reis in Spain. All the loofah sponges are treated with the local natural thermal spring water at 43°C, this makes them ideal for using to exfoliate both when wet and dry.
Special features of loofah
- Unlike their synthetic alternatives, loofah products do not leave behind any residue, they do not damage the skin and of course they are not harmful to the environment.
- By avoiding chemical products during the production and manipulation processes, they achieve an aseptic fibre, free from germs and pathogens.
- Loofah sponges are not manufactured, they are naturally grown from the land.
- The interlacing framework of the plant-based sponge loofah has therapeutic qualities and dermatological benefits.
- It is a natural gentle exfoliator that removes dead skin cells, aiding a deep clean. They are perfect for dry skin massaging as well as they are a perfect cleaning/household attribute.
- When used as a beauty attribute, loofah sponges help to reduce any excess oils on the skin. They limit and reduce the appearance of cellulite. Loofah helps to control and prevent acne developing. It prevents ingrown hairs and blocked pores.
- Rinse after every use, wring out any excess water and leave to drain and air dry.
- To eliminate any potential bacteria, it is recommended to every now and then put the damp sponge in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds.
- If the sponge changes color or starts to smell, it is time to replace it.
Loofahs are not recommended for people who suffer from Eczema, Psoriasis, rashes or any other skin aliment. Those who have inflammatory circulatory problems, such as phlebitis or varicose veins should also avoid using loofah products.